By Steven Paisi, an intern in the Lowy Institute's Melanesia Program.
- The states of Chuuk and Yap in the Federated States of Micronesia were the worst hit by Super Typhoon Maysak, which has left five people dead and up to 7000 homeless.
- Calls by Fijian Prime Minister Frank Bainimarama to have Australia and New Zealand forced out of the Pacific Islands Forum in favour of admitting China have drawn criticism.
- Greg Fry explains the debate surrounding Pacific regional architecture in more detail here.
- Sally Andrews has provided some important background to the upcoming decision on the West Papuan application for membership to the Melanesian Spearhead Group.
- Radio New Zealand's Don Wiseman interviewed former Bougainville President James Tanis on the key issues leading up to next month's elections in the Autonomous Region of Bougainville.
- Collin Collett van Rooyen has detailed the progress of the recovery effort in Vanuatu following Tropical Cyclone Pam.
- Fiji's dream of making it to the Rio Olympics in rugby has suffered a setback after it failed to make the final of the Tokyo Sevens over the weekend.
- Samoa’s efforts to improve gender equality has received a boost from the Australian Government.