- Lions led by donkeys: 10 myths about the First World War debunked.
- Why the West loves bad news stories about China.
- Mekong rising: the combined GDP of Thailand, Burma, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam is expected to reach US$1 trillion by 2020 (paywall).
- Is it 'sex work' or prostitution? Why zero-tolerance makes for bad policy on the world's 'oldest profession'.
- The 'Jokowi phenomenon': a profile on the former furniture retailer who's changing Indonesian politics.
- Elliot Abrams from the Council on Foreign Relations argues against aiming too high in Israeli-Palestinian peace negotiations.
- Despite political uncertainty, Toyota is buying land to expand its manufacturing operations in Thailand.
- This remix of Martin Luther King Jnr's 'I have a dream' speech has emerged on MLK Day in the US: